Re: WARNING : pgstat wait timeout - Postgres 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mathieu Guerin
Subject Re: WARNING : pgstat wait timeout - Postgres 9.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
About the stats_temp_directory, I didn't run as root...
Now I'm sure the configurations are correct.

I think, I have too much IO to use stats. I will ever have this message...
Maybe I can disable this option.
Do you know what it really impact ?

Thanks.
Math

2013/5/24 Mathieu Guerin <mathieu.guerin64@gmail.com>
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

> You should get it...
> stats_temp_directory       | pg_stat_tmp                                       | Writes temporary statistics files to the specified directory.

I don't know why i don't get it. I am in 9.1 version...

Moreover, when I mount pg_stat_tmp in a tmpfs, the warning messages decrease  the warning messages decrease from 1 each minutes to 1 each five secondes. I don't have any others logs warning but the file pg_stat.stat in the mounting point is not created... I tryed before on a test environment and it works...

If you have any ideas...
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Math