: Performance Improvement Strategy - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Venkat Balaji
Subject : Performance Improvement Strategy
Date
Re: : Performance Improvement Strategy
Re: : Performance Improvement Strategy
List pgsql-performance
Hello Everyone,

I had  posted  a query in "GENERAL" category, not sure if that was the correct category to post.

Please help me understand how to calculate free space in Tables and Indexes even after vacuuming and analyzing is performed.

What i understand is that, even if we perform VACUUM ANALYZE regularly, the free space generated is not filled up.

I see lot of free spaces or free pages in Tables and Indexes. But, I need to give an exact calculation on how much space will be reclaimed after VACUUM FULL and RE-INDEXING.

Is there any standard procedure or process to calculate the same ?

Please help !

Thanks
Venkat