: Checksum ERROR when restoring Online Backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Venkat Balaji
Subject : Checksum ERROR when restoring Online Backup
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Everyone,

I am testing the Online Backups of our production databases ( this is part of our disaster recovery plan ).

After restoring the Online Backup, we tried to bring up the cluster and ended up with the following error -

2011-09-23 07:29:04 CDT [24092]: [1-1] FATAL:  incorrect checksum in control file.

Does this message mean, the Online Backup is corrupted or invalid ?

Normally, we get recovery related error messages. This is the first time we are facing a problem like this.

Please help as this is critical for us.

Thanks
Venkat