Re: postgis and pgpool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Szymon Guz
Subject Re: postgis and pgpool
Date
List pgsql-general

On 19 September 2011 16:17, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> do you know about any problems with using pgpool and postgis together?

I personaly don't know any case study of pgpool and posgis but I
guess:

1) You are using pgpool-II native replication mode
2) Some of postgis functions are doing updates/inserts/deletes

then you may have problem because of inconsistent data among DB
servers. Pgpool-II 3.0 or later can deal with the problem by using
"black and white function list" though.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Thanks for the answer, I've forgotten about the couple of PostGIS functions that modify the data.

regards
Szymon