Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Any distributed transaction management requires 2PC in some or other form. So, we should implement 2PC for FDW keeping in mind various forms of 2PC used practically. Use that infrastructure to build XTM like capabilities for restricted postgres_fdw uses. Previously, I have requested the authors of XTM to look at my patch and provide me feedback about their requirements for implementing 2PC part of XTM. But I have not heard anything from them.

Sorry, may be I missed some message. but I have not received request from you to provide feedback concerning your patch.

See my mail on 31st August on hackers in the thread with subject "Horizontal scalability/sharding".

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat