Re: Contribution to PostgreSQL - please give an advice - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Contribution to PostgreSQL - please give an advice
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

po 12. 4. 2021 v 17:22 odesílatel Ian Zagorskikh <ianzag@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi all!

I would like to contribute my time and efforts to the PostgreSQL project development. I have some [hope not too bad] experience in software development primarily for Linux/BSD/Windows platforms with C/C++ though almost no experience in RDBMS internals. I have read the "Development Information" section in wiki and checked the official TODO list. It's really great but it's a bit huge and "all is so tasty" so I don't know where to start. Can you please advise me how to proceed? Maybe there are active tasks or bugs or issues that require man power? I would appreciate any advice or mentorship. Thank you!

It is great - any hands and eyes are welcome.

I think so the best start now (when you have not own topic) is review  of one or more patches from commitfest application

Regards

Pavel

--
Best Regards,