Re: Postgres and timezones - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Postgres and timezones
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

On 20/01/16 13:27, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> Postgres doesn't store original TZ. It does recalculation to local TZ. If you
> need original TZ, you have to store it separetely.

I know and that's what I'm trying to deal with. Given I know the origin TZ  -
as in Europe/Lisbon I'm trying to determine the short name so I can store it.

I guess I'll have to use something other than pg to do it.

probably it isn't possible - the transformation to local zone is immediately after input string is parsed.

Regards

Pavel

Steve