Re: Query performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Query performance
Date
List pgsql-performance

On 1/25/15 2:03 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
    It might not always be an integer, just happens to be so here.
    Should I try text instead? I don't have to have the case-insensitive
    matching.

text can be better

bytea would be even better yet, because that will always be a straight binary comparison. text will worry about conversion and what not (though, perhaps there's a way to force that to use C or SQL instead of something like UTF8, short of changing the encoding of the whole database).

true,

good idea

Regards

Pavel