Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Good work - it will be pretty big patch.

There is a intersection with implementation of XMLTABLE. I prepared a executor infrastructure. So it can little bit reduce  size of this patch.

we considered your XMLTABLE patch, but it's itself pretty big and in unknown state.

It is big, but it is hard to expect so JSON_TABLE can be shorter if you are solve all commiters requests.

Last patch should be near to final state.

Taking only Oracle as origin can be risk - in details Oracle doesn't respects owns proposal to standard.

we used an original standard document !  I suggest Oracle to those, who don't have access to standard. Yes, there are some problem in Oracle's implementation.

This is last commitfest for current release cycle - are you sure, so is good idea to push all mentioned features?

This would be a great feature for Release 10 and I understand all risks. Hopefully, community will help us. We have resources to continue our work and will do as much as possible to satisfy community requirements. It's not our fault, that standard was released so late :)

It is not your fault. Ok, I am looking for patches.

Regards

Pavel

Regards

Pavel