Re: remove undocumented assign syntax from plpgsql doc - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: remove undocumented assign syntax from plpgsql doc
Date
List pgsql-docs

is not better to be consistent in doc?

Im not aganst to documentation second syntax, but examples in doc should be consistent

Dne 11. 1. 2014 19:52 "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal(a):
> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:02:20AM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> remove undocumented syntax for assign statements in plpgsql doc examples

> Applied.

I thought the consensus in the referenced thread had been to go the other
way.  We're not going to remove the syntax option to use "=", so shouldn't
we document it rather than pretending it doesn't exist?

The end of the other thread was
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1370122048.6266.YahooMailNeo@web162902.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

                        regards, tom lane