Re: Remove "Source Code" column from \df+ ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Remove "Source Code" column from \df+ ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 10/12/16 11:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm not sure that Peter was voting for retaining "internal name", but
> personally I prefer that to deleting prosrc entirely, so +1.

I'm not sure what the point of showing the internal name would be if we
have already declared that the source code of non-C functions is not
that interesting.  But I don't have a strong feeling about it.

The benefit is for people who have to look on C implementation of internal functions. Probably not too big group - but it can be interesting for beginners who starting with reading of PostgreSQL code.

Regards

Pavel

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/