Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output
Date
Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers

čt 5. 8. 2021 v 18:48 odesílatel Platon Pronko <platon7pronko@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi!
>>> I also find this annoying and would be happy to be rid of it.
>>
>> Have you tried "\pset format wrapped"? Pavel suggested it, and it
>> solved most of the problem for me, for example.
>
> Yes, but it changes the data line output. Ideally, you should be able
> to  modify these independently.

I agree, and I think this can be implemented, but I'm a bit afraid of
introducing an additional psql option (there's already quite a lot of them).
I suspect primary PostgreSQL maintainers won't be happy with such an approach.

it can be a fully new format - designed for simple copy from terminal. Some like

====== record: 10 ======
------------ proname ------------
left
$lalalal