Re: pgsql: pg_alterckey: remove TAP check rules from Makefile - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: pgsql: pg_alterckey: remove TAP check rules from Makefile
Date
List pgsql-committers

so 26. 12. 2020 v 16:33 odesílatel Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> napsal:
aOn Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 10:27:24AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Thank you for your report.  When I did the Windows port and pg_upgrade,
> we didn't have all of the test infrastructure we have now, so I wasn't
> even aware of all of this.  The buildfarm is almost all green now so I
> think we are out of the woods on this.  Eventually we are going to need
> TAP tests for this, but right now there isn't really anything
> user-visible to test.

Oh, even once we have TAP tests, things like testing against AWS
Security Manager or a Yubikey would be pretty hard to automate in our
tree.

The tests against real services should not work (not for community release). There should be some fake API.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             https://enterprisedb.com