Re: streaming replication across platforms - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: streaming replication across platforms
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

Is it possible to use streaming replication across different platforms (OSX/linux)?

No, it is not possible - you have to use logical replication like Slony

Regards

Pavel Stehule

As I read it, you must use a file system level base backup to setup the slave.  I ran into problems trying pg_basebackup and, as was pointed out, that is not supported.  So will a tarball or any other file system level copy work?  Will I run into the same problems?

alan