Re: Getting error while running the pg_basebackup through PGBOUNCER - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Getting error while running the pg_basebackup through PGBOUNCER
Date
List pgsql-general

po 8. 4. 2019 v 15:42 odesílatel Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi All,

We are using PGBOUNCER(connection pool mechanisam). PGBOUNCER uses port 5433.

Postgres database port number is 6433. By using port 5433 PGBOUNCER is connecting to postgres port 6433 database.

Now PGBOUNCER is establishing the connections properly but when I try to run the pg_basebackup through port 5433(PGBOUNCER port) we are receiving below error. Please guide me.

 /opt/postgres/9.2/bin/pg_basebackup -p 5433 -U postgres -P -v -x --format=tar --gzip --compress=1 --pgdata=- -D /opt/rao

pg_basebackup: could not connect to server: ERROR:  Unsupported startup parameter: replication

looks like pgbouncer cannot to forward connection parameter "replication"

Why you need pgbouncer for pg_basebackup? It has not too mach sense.

Pavel

--
Regards,
Raghavendra Rao J S V