Re: [SQL] check if the same function is already running, then exit! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: [SQL] check if the same function is already running, then exit!
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

you can use a advisory locks for singleton implementation

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADVISORY-LOCKS

Regards

Pavel

Before running a running a function, i would check only 1 instance is running.  If alreaady a function is running, the existing function should exist with the msg that already a function with same is running.

If somebody has already used such a faeture, can u please share or
Can you tell me the table and column from which I could this info.

Thanks,