Re: PL/pgSQL support to define multi variables once - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL support to define multi variables once
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2014-06-13 16:12:36 +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Quan' example is 100% valid in SQL/PSM and what I read about ADA then in
> ADA too.

So what? plpgsql is neither language and this doesn't seem to be the way
to make them actually closer (which I doubt would be a good idea in the
first place).

PL/pgSQL is based on PL/SQL, that is based on ADA. Next PL/SQL takes some statements from SQL/PSM .. GET DIAGNOSTICS statement, and we implemented these statements in PL/pgSQL too.

Some statements in PL/pgSQL are our design - RAISE is good example. So PL/pgSQL is mix PL/SQL, SQL/PSM, and some proprietary

Regards

Pavel

Greetings,

Andres Freund