Re: Some questions about the array. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Some questions about the array.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Friday 06 November 2015 12:55:44 you wrote:
> Omitted bounds are common in other languages and would be handy. I
> don't think they'd cause any issues with multi-dimensional arrays or
> variable start-pos arrays.

And yet, what about my patch?
Discussions about ~ and{:} it seems optional.

In this case the syntax is major issue. Any language should not to have any possible feature on the world.

My opinion on this proposal is same - the general benefit for users is minimal and disputable - Introduction new syntax is wrong idea.

So -1

Pavel

Thanks.
--