Re: onlyvalue aggregate (was: First Aggregate Funtion?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: onlyvalue aggregate (was: First Aggregate Funtion?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Here's a patch for the aggregate function outlined by Corey Huinker in CADkLM=foA_oC_Ri23F9PbfLnfwXFbC3Lt8bBzRu3=CB77G9_qw@mail.gmail.com .  I called it "onlyvalue", which is a horrible name, but I have nothing better to offer.  (Corey called it "only", but that doesn't really work since ONLY is a fully reserved keyword.)

I'll add this to September's commit fest, but if you want to bash me or the patch in the meanwhile, go ahead.

Hi

what is use case for this function and why it should be in core?

Regards

Pavel

.m