Re: Question about DROP TABLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Question about DROP TABLE
Date
Re: Question about DROP TABLE  (Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>)
List pgsql-hackers

Hi Pavel,
thanks for the information. I've been doing more investigation of this
issue and there's autovacuum running on the table however it's
automatically starting even if there is "autovacuum = off" in the
postgresql.conf configuration file.

Real autovacuum is automatically cancelled. It looks like VACUUM started by cron, maybe?

The test of rm 5T file was fast and not taking 24 hours already. I guess
the autovacuum is the issue. Is there any way how to disable it? If I
killed the process using 'kill -9' yesterday the process started again.

Is there any way how to cancel this process and disallow PgSQL to run
autovacuum again and do the drop instead?

Thanks,
Michal