Re: WIP Patch for GROUPING SETS phase 1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: WIP Patch for GROUPING SETS phase 1
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> "Heikki" == Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
>  Heikki> I think we should bite the bullet and rename the extension,

> I agree, the contrib/cube patch as posted is purely so we could test
> everything without having to argue over the new name first.

I wonder if you've tried hard enough to avoid reserving the keyword.

I think that the cube extension is not going to be the only casualty
if "cube" becomes a reserved word --- that seems like a name that
could be in use in lots of applications.  ("What do you mean, 9.5
breaks our database for tracking office space?")  It would be worth
quite a bit of effort to avoid that.

My prototypes worked without reserved keywords if I remember well

but analyzer is relatively complex

Pavel