Re: Toast compression method options - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: Toast compression method options
Date
Re: Toast compression method options
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 6:27 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have already pushed the configurable lz4 toast compression code[1].
> In the custom compression thread, we were already having the patch to
> support the compression method options[2].  But the design for the
> base patches was heavily modified before commit but I never rebased
> this patch based on the new design.  Now, I have rebased this patch so
> that we don't lose track and we can work on this for v15.  This is
> still a WIP patch.
>
> For v15 I will work on improving the code and I will also work on
> analyzing the usage of compression method options (compression
> speed/ratio).
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1lNKw9-0008DT-1L%40gemulon.postgresql.org
> [2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-s7fno8pGwfK7jwSf7uNaVhPZ38C3LAcF%2B%3DWHu7jNvy7g%40mail.gmail.com

I have fixed some comments offlist reported by Justin.  Apart from
that, I have also improved documentation and test case.  Stil it has a
lot of cleanup to be done but I am not planning to do that
immediately.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar