Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 12:50 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 2:48 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > Or do you mean that looking at the filesystem at all is bypassing shared
> > buffers?
>
> This is what I mean. I think we will end up in a better spot if we can
> avoid doing that without creating too much ugliness elsewhere.

The patch was not getting applied on head so I have rebased it, along
with that now I have used bufmgr layer for writing writing/logging
destination pages as well instead of directly using sgmr layer.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Attachment