Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 26, 2023 at 9:54 AM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> Thank you for reviewing! PSA new version patch set.

I haven't read this thread in detail, but I have one high-level design
question.  The upgrade of the replication slot is default or is it
under some GUC?  because if it is by default then some of the users
might experience failure in some cases e.g. a) wal_level in the new
cluster is not logical b) If this new check
check_old_cluster_for_confirmed_flush_lsn() fails due to confirm flush
LSN is not at the latest shutdown checkpoint.  I am not sure whether this
is a problem or could be just handled by documenting this behavior.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar