Re: [NOVICE] Postgres authentication to multiple application servers - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Wei Shan
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Postgres authentication to multiple application servers
Date
List pgsql-novice
It doesn't require restart. It requires reload only.

On 24 Jan 2017 23:36, "padmini" <sireesha.padmini@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

We need to configure Postgres authentication for multiple application
servers.The application servers are dynamic (Few will be brought down over a
period and new servers will be added on adhoc basis).Also the servers IPs
will be changed periodically.

we cannot add/remove the application ips to pg_hba.conf file frequently as
it requires restart of Postgres services.

Please suggest the best authentication method in this case.We are planning
to use trust in pg_hba.conf and control the access at db level using
Username and password.

Can we proceed with it?

Regards,
Padmini