Re: kind of a bag of attributes in a DB . . . - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albretch Mueller
Subject Re: kind of a bag of attributes in a DB . . .
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/10/19, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> If there is no rhyme or reason to the metadata I am not sure how you
> could come up with an efficient search strategy. Seems it would be a
> brute search over everything.

 Not exactly. Say some things have colours but now weight. You could
still Group them as being "weighty" and then tell about how heavy they
are, with the colorful ones you could specify the colours and then see
if there is some correlation between weights and colours ...

 lbrtchx