Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jayadevan M
Subject Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,
"Elephants Never Forget" sounds like a good idea. It refers to reliability of the database (from a transaction perspective) and ability to recover "lost data".
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=elephants-never-forget
Regards,
Jayadevan

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On Sun, September 8, 2013 15:27, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> So, we discussed a number ideas here on the lists, mainly a new text for
> the mugs. But it does not look like we have a winner.
>
> There was also this cheap shot at MySQL, but I think we all agree that
> we don't need this kind of design.

Clearly we did *not* all agree.. :-)

But here is another old one that I always liked, and would like to see processed onto a mug.  It would need some work, but
the idea seems excellent:
a large, impressive elephant head, frontal, with the text: "Never Forgets" or "PostgreSQL Never Forgets"

http://www.gsbrown.org/compuserve/all-new-electronic-mail-1982-04/elephant-ad-800.jpg

( Greg S. sent me an .xcf file (2MB) which I could forward if anyone is interested to improving it... )