Re: Encryption of pdAdmin on OpenShift with TLS termination type reencrypt - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: Encryption of pdAdmin on OpenShift with TLS termination type reencrypt
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello,

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 1:58 AM <Boon-Hooi.Choo@t-systems.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to encrypt the connection from client side to the pod of pgAdmin 4 (container) on OpenShift. I have included a certificate (server.cert) and a key (server.key), which are extracted from the PFX file from our certificate operator on OpenShift. I have succeeded to encrypt the connection with TLS termination type “edge”, which is defined in YAML file for route for pgAdmin 4. With type “edge”, we only encrypt until the HA-Proxy (Router of OpenShift).

However, when I tried to change the TLS termination type to “reencrypt”, with destination CA certificate provided, I have received a TLS handshake problem. I have tried to research online, and I believed that it is because I am trying to do a SSL connection to a non-SSL pod of pgAdmin 4. Do you know how could we change the config file of pod (NGINX?) and add the line of “host 443 ssl” to the server? (P.S.: I use the image of pgAdmin from crunchydata registry in my deployment YAML file.)

You can get the idea regarding NGINX settings at https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgadmin-4-container/, and this document supports the pgAdmin container image (not the crunchy data registry.).

Thanks,
Khushboo

Thank you so much for your attention, any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks and best regards,

Boon Hooi Choo

Consultant Digital Integration

PU Digital Solutions/Products & Solutions

T-Systems International GmbH