Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM-2859: Can't create new user - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM-2859: Can't create new user
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 5:25 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 5:03 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find the attached patch to fix RM #2859:  Can't create new user.

The "User Management" dialogue footer was overlapping the back-grid table which has been fixed.

If my screen is too small, it now looks like the attached screenshot, which is really quite ugly.

If we don't leave the bottom blank space then in case of error the error-message will shown on the grid itself and user can't perform any task.
Please refer the attached screen-shot for the same.

Right, but we also can't have that space left blank like that. Can't we extend the scroll range of the grid? In other words, always include space for an extra row or so, so it can scroll above the error message, when, and only when a message is shown?

Please find the attached screen-shot, If we always include an extra row.
Suggestion please.

I think that's much better, though still not ideal. What if we made the error messages closable like other notifications?

The error-messages in pgAdmin 4 are not closable, so it will not go with the flow.

I meant to do it globally.

Should I create the separate case for this?

No, I don't think there's any need for that.

Does it seem like it would solve the problem appropriately?

It would lead us to more complexity
1. How can we keep track of the closed error messages for multiple fields?

Do we need to?

2. We have validated backbone model on focus out/change, so we need to change the basic error model.

I'm not sure why. Can't we just have an X button on the error panel that will hide it? If another error occurs (e.g. because the user changes focus), just re-display it.

This means, if the error message is displayed for the field 1 and after closing if we go ahead without filling up the valid data, on the focus out; the same error message will be shown.

Yes.

I was thinking; if we have closed the error message for the field 1, then it will not display any kind of message for that particular field. So, I have mentioned about the complexity.

I'm not convinced we need that level of complexity.

Can you whip up a PoC so we can see how it behaves?

Please find the attached patch.

This patch includes:
- The fix for this RM
- Close button for the error message for the User management module
- Close button for other node modules like server , schema etc....

Thanks,
Khushboo
Sure.

I have attached the patch for the RM #2859.

Thanks,
Khushboo

--
Dave Page