Re: Two Factor Authentication and the Query Tool - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: Two Factor Authentication and the Query Tool
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 8:48 PM Potvin, Jérémi <Jeremi.Potvin@cra-arc.gc.ca> wrote:

Hello,

I currently have two factor authentication set up on my PG database going to a Radius server.

I can connect to the database using Pgadmin4 v4.2 just fine, but as soon as I try to open a Query Tool window, I get an authentication error.

That’s because pgAdmin is trying to pass the credentials of my initial connection to the Query Tool for it to connect to the database. I cannot reuse my initial credentials more than once.

In another tool (Data Studio) that I use to connect to DB2 databases, there’s an option to prevent this:

Does anyone know if there’s a parameter in pgadmin or the config files that can fix my issue?

Would it be possible in later versions?

Not supported by pgAdmin 4 right now.
Please create a feature request @ https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4 for the same.

Thanks,