Re: Deprecating RULES - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Deprecating RULES
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Daniel Farina <daniel@heroku.com> wrote:
> retort -- which is true, Heroku's user base is not provably
> representative of all users.  But what else is there to go on, besides
> experiences of others, such as yours and Andrew's, or others?

Well, Heroku doesn't support Slony + Londiste (and I am not overly
indignant at your reasoning at not supporting them), so I think we can
guarantee that anything involving those trigger-based replication
systems will be absent from Heroku's user base.  Which is not to
express indignance, but merely that there are a few knowable biases
about your users.  And I'd expect quite a few unknow(n|able) ones.