Re: Kerberos-Postgresql implementation for user authentication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Kerberos-Postgresql implementation for user authentication
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 10:15, Brajendra Pratap Singh <singh.bpratap766@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Niels,

Thanks for your prompt response and I apologise for the incomplete information.
Actually we are trying to implement the Kerberos authentication while anyone trying to connect with postgresql DB user/role.

Plz help us here with document.

The offerings you'll see here are going to be rather more generic; this is a public mailing list where you will get general sorts of answers.

The generic "best answer" is to point to the standard documentation.  You should review, for each version of PostgreSQL you are interested in, the appropriate version of https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/client-authentication.html, and most likely, what you should be looking at is the sections on GSSAPI.

And you have received some links to other material that appears to have useful explanations.  Of course, nobody cooked that into a document that speaks procedurally to your purposes on your several versions of CentOS and of PostgreSQL; they pointed to explanations and tutorial material.

If you require a "procedural document" prepared in custom fashion, tailored to your specific local requirements, then I rather think you will need to engage one of the numerous firms that are available to provide those sorts of professional services.  Here is a link to where you can find some such: