Re: Contributing with code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Contributing with code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2 January 2018 at 17:52, Peter Eisentraut
> On 12/31/17 22:43, Craig Ringer wrote:
>> I'd rather rename it the "stuck, hard and abandoned projects list" ;)
>
> That might actually be useful.

Yep, agreed.  Though it might do better to describe it in *slightly*
more positive terms, and/or to explain the matter in a bit more
detail...

"TODO notes...   This page has collected together a variety of
proposed projects to enhance PostgreSQL.  Newcomers should beware; the
fact that these proposals have not been implemented should be taken to
indicate that they represent approaches that are difficult, have
gotten stuck, or even that have been abandoned due to having drawbacks
exceeding the imagined advantages.  Be sure to discuss proposals on
the pgsql-hackers list before getting too far into implementation,
otherwise there is considerable risk of wasting effort on a patch that
is likely to be rejected."