Re: Personal note: taking some vacation time in Sep/Oct - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Personal note: taking some vacation time in Sep/Oct
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Gavin Flower
<GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
> On 20/08/13 15:26, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> I will be taking a long (and long-overdue) vacation from Sep 10 to Oct 20.
> I expect to have email access, but won't be doing much more than minimally
> keeping up with my inbox.
>
> This means I'll be pretty much AWOL for the September commitfest :-(.
> That's unfortunate, but the dates for this trip were frozen long before
> the 9.4 development calendar was.
>
> regards, tom lane
>

> but, But, BUT, you're not human - you can't possibly take leave, the sky
> will fall & all manners of divers calamities will come to pass!!!

I think a scene from Ghostbusters comes in handy here...

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath
of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers
and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...
mass hysteria!
Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point!

Man, dogs and cats living together!!!

[I wonder what skewing this will have on the analytical statistics on
the pgsql mailing lists???
<http://www.citusdata.com/blog/57-postgresql-full-text-search>]

> MORE SERIOUSLY:
> Enjoy your more than well earnt leave!

Indeed.  We'll try to keep the dogs and cats suitably apart!  :-)