Re: Creating a role with read only privileges but user is allowed to change password - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ravi Roy
Subject Re: Creating a role with read only privileges but user is allowed to change password
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Melvin for your reply.

>First, it would be helpful if you indicated the O/S and version of >PostgreSQL you are using.
I'm using Postgresl 9.1 on Windows 7 (64 bit) and Debian Linux 6.x (64 bit)

I just wrote for clarity :-)

>Finally, I see no reason why this user should not be able to change it's >own password. >What is the exact command you are using to try to change the >password? What is the >exact error?

As soon I try to change the password it give me the error :

ERROR: Can not ALTER ROLE in a read only transaction.

Thanks!

Regards
Ravi

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@yahoo.com> wrote:
Ravi,

First, it would be helpful if you indicated the O/S and version of PostgreSQL you are using.

Also, it is not a good idea to use CamelCase names in POstgreSQL. There is no need for that and PostgreSQL will always try to convert names to lowercase unless bounded by double quotes.

Finally, I see no reason why this user should not be able to change it's own password. What is the exact command you are using to try to change the password? What is the exact error?

Melvin Davidson

Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com