Re: Unrecognized service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Augori
Subject Re: Unrecognized service
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

woohoo!

service postgresql-9.2 status

(pid  9924) is running...

  It seems that I was looking for the service by the wrong name, as John guessed correcty.    Also, Tom, it's good to know that the data won't necessarily go away if I need to reinstall at some point.

thank you so much for the messages from all three of you.  Your rapid responses were very encouraging.