Re: PostgreSQL vs MariaDB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dominique Devienne
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs MariaDB
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 3:50 PM Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 7:07 AM Inzamam Shafiq
> Can someone please list pros and cons of MariaDB vs PostgreSQL [...]

[...] MySQL has over [1700 CVEs going back to 1999.][1]
In contrast, PostgreSQL has about [240 CVEs going back to 1999.][2]

[1]: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=MySQL
[2]: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=PostgreSQL

OTOH, I checked a few, and they are not about PostgreSQL per-se,
but projects using PostgreSQL or extensions to PostgreSQL.
Thus I assume the same happens for MySQL.

Of course, I didn't check that many, just a small sample.

Also, there seems to be a low signal-to-noise ratio on CVEs.
See what [Richard Hipp of SQLite fame says about CVEs][3].
This (low quality of CVEs) comes up often on the SQLite Forum. FWIW.

Still, your input is insightful, qualitatively. Thanks, --DD