Re: Faster data load - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dominique Devienne
Subject Re: Faster data load
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Sep 8, 2024 at 8:27 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> >  simple INSERT ... SELECT was more than twice as fast as 8 parallel COPY
> > operations (and about 8 times as fast as a single COPY).
>
> Yeah they seem to have changed a great deal. Though you are correct in
> saying COPY is not faster then INSERT..SELECT

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Although to be fair, that adds CSV parsing
to the mix, something INSERT-FROM-SELECT does not have to do,
skewing the results a little maybe. Comparing against COPY BINARY
would be fairer, but less practical I guess. --DD