Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 8:10 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> po 12. 9. 2022 v 9:59 odesílatel Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> napsal:
>> I don't the capabilities of the tool is all that interesting compared to the
>> long term maintainability and readability of the source code.

With make distprep and maintainer-clean, separate makefile and MSVC
build logic a short time before converting to Meson, I'm not sure that
even the short term maintainability here is a good trade off for what
we're getting.

> The parser in bison/flex does the same work and it is true, so code is more readable. Although for this case, a handy
writtenparser was trivial too.

If the hand-written version is trivial, then we should prefer it.
--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com