Re: Figures in docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Figures in docs
Date
Re: Figures in docs
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 4:17 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
It seems there's no figures/diagrams in our docs. I vaguely recall that
we used to have a few diagrams in our docs. If so, was there any
technical reason to remove them?

I don't know the reason, but it's shame, we are still in sgml !

We already do our translations (as others) in xml using custom scripting.  xml provides us better integration with available tools and ability to insert graphics. Last time we asked in -docs about moving to xml and Alexander demonstrated acceptable speed of xml build, but there were no reply from Peter, who is (?) responsible for our documentation infrastructure. Probably, we should just created a patch and submit to commitfest.  You can check this thread http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1428009501118.85114@postgrespro.ru

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan