Re: Using a german affix file for compound words - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Using a german affix file for compound words
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Wolfgang Winkler <wolfgang.winkler@digital-concepts.com> wrote:
Hi!

We have a problem with importing a compound dictionary file for german.

I downloaded the files here:

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/dicts/ispell/ispell-german-compound.tar.gz

and converted them to utf-8 with iconv. The affix file seems ok when opened with an editor.

When I try to create or alter a dictionary to use this affix file, I get the following error:

alter TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY german_ispell (
  DictFile = german,
  AffFile = german,
  StopWords = german
);
ERROR:  syntax error
CONTEXT:  line 224 of configuration file "/usr/local/pgsql/share/tsearch_data/german.affix": "   ABE > -ABE,äBIN
"

This is the first occurrence of an umlaut character in the file. I've found a view postings where the same file is used, e.g.:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/556C1411.4010608@tbz-pariv.de#556C1411.4010608@tbz-pariv.de

This users has been able to import the file. Am I missing something obvious?

Arthur Zakirov could help you.

ww