Re: [HACKERS] Speakers Wanted for pgDay Cuba - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Speakers Wanted for pgDay Cuba
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I'm probably going, but my company supports this trip.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
Contributors:

We are looking for one or more PostgreSQL contributors to travel to
Havana, Cuba, to present at the second pgDay Cuba.  In order to
encourage this young community, we will be funding[1] up to $3000 in
total travel funds for one or two speakers.

Information on the event is here:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/event/1813/

It will be from October 19 to 23 at the Universidad de las Cien-
cias Informáticas, La Habana, Cuba.

Proficiency in Spanish is desireable, but according to the conference
translators will be available for visiting international speakers.
Contributors wanting to take advantage of travel funding must first be
accepted by the conference, and then may apply for funding.

IMPORTANT: if you travel to Cuba on SPI funds, there will be significant
restrictions on your travel due to US regulations regarding Cuba.  These
apply even if you are not a US Citizen.

Contact cu@postgresql.org for more information about the conference and
to submit potential speaking topics.

Contact josh@postgresql.org for information about travel funding and
travel restrictions, or to request travel funds.

Deadline is September 3, but earlier is better.

(1: travel funds are donated community funds held at SPI, Inc.  Speakers
will be reimbursed after attending the conference by check or wire
transfer.)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.