Re: Installation Size showing huge size in postgres installed on windows os - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Installation Size showing huge size in postgres installed on windows os
Date
List pgsql-general
On 19 March 2015 at 13:44, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 19/03/2015 12:39, jaime soler wrote:
>> El mié, 18-03-2015 a las 23:05 -0700, Rajagopal NS escribió:
>>> I have installed Postgres 9.0 in my machine. When I look at Programs and
>>> Features under Control Panel,
>>> I see the Size for Postgres 9.0 is shown as 121GB.
>>>
>>> I feel neither the installation or the small postgres databases I would have
>>> created use 121GB.

For what it's worth, I've seen the wildest claims about installation
sizes in that panel. Mostly the installation size is severely
underestimated, but overestimates happen too - haven't seen anything
this bad though. I stopped trusting those numbers quite a while ago.

The reliable method is to check the directory size of your catalog
directories and the Postgres installation directory yourself.