Re: corrupted statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.stat" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: corrupted statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.stat"
Date
List pgsql-general
On 15 August 2012 09:57, Carl von Clausewitz <clausewitz45@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’ve restored from TAR backup our databases, and everything looked fine.

What exactly is in that TAR backup? Is that a tar/gzipped PG dump or a
file-system snapshot?
If the latter:
- did you halt the database while creating the snapshot or at least
force a checkpoint?
- is the version of PG that you're restoring to exactly the same (same
CPU type, same major/minor version of PG) as the one that the backup
is from?

I suspect that you restored a database with corrupt statistics and
that those only get found out once the corrupted statistics are
needed.