Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs
Date
List pgsql-general
What about "Don't ignore the elephant in the room"?

On 5 September 2013 09:24, Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Jean-Paul Argudo
<jean-paul@postgresql.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le jeudi 05 septembre 2013 à 12:33 +0530, Atri Sharma a écrit :
>> Make an elephant in a space suit, or with lots of equipments. Text:
>> 'Ready for mission critical systems'
>
> Despite I like this idea a lot, I think we should avoid messages like
> "Ready for.." or such, since it implies PG wasn't ready before, wich is
> mostly false in all the cases.
>
> I think we'd better focus on what we're good at, like community
> management, quality of code, respect of the standard, and such... or why
> not just jokes, since I think we could just make this simple and funny..
> (I don't really think we have anything to proove anymore since facts
> talk for us).
>
> This could lead to positive messages like (just samples I tought about,
> and mostly to be rebranded completely!!):
>
> Focusing what we know best:
>
> * Community driven makes it just better
> * Our code matters more than their commercials (~Debian I know)
> * We are a few thousand only reviewing and testing it
> * Unbreakable Open-Source Community (if you know what I mean there)
> * etc..
>
> Funnier messages:
>
> * My spouse told me to use it, I swear
> * PostgreSQL, saves money all around the world
> * """"""""""""""""" time  """"""""""""""""""""
> * One rdbms to rule them all
> * Vulcains would use it
> * etc..
>
> :-)
>
> Cheers,
>

>> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> > Put a small elephant logo *inside* the mug. With a text: "also for embedded
>> > systems"
>> >
>> > - Heikki
>> >

>> > --
>>

> --
> Jean-Paul

Good one.

One thing we could do, remove the 'Ready' and only keep 'For mission...'.

Other thing is a lot of elephants sitting around a table with
laptops(optional) denoting our community. Or a lot of elephant heads
clustered together and smiling. An awesome community is something we
all are proud of!

Regards,

Atri

--