[pgadmin-hackers] Feature Suggestions - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Raffi Holzer
Subject [pgadmin-hackers] Feature Suggestions
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Hi everyone,

For those who don't know, Pivotal Labs is working with Greenplum to make pgAdmin 4 compatible with Greenplum. In addition to that, we have also been conducting user research and figuring out ways in which the user experience of pgAdmin might be improved. Below are a few of the ideas we are thinking about. Would love to get your feedback.

Select a column in query output

From our research, we saw that users need to be able to transfer their query output to a text editor or some other program to share with their colleagues. This is one feature that would enable them to quickly do so.

Drag and select should work in query results

Because most programs enable users to drag and highlight a selection of text to copy and paste, they expect to be able to do so here as well.

Output selection modified by Shift+direction keyboard shortcuts

From our research, we saw that users tend to use keyboard shortcuts when typing or selecting items. Because this is a feature available in most other apps, the expectation is that it would be in pgAdmin as well.

--
Raffi Holzer
Product Manager