Re: feature requests (possibly interested in working on this): functional foreign keys - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoff Winkless
Subject Re: feature requests (possibly interested in working on this): functional foreign keys
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7 February 2013 16:26, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Hmm, interesting hack.  I guess that would meet the part of the spec
> that says, eg, information_schema.constraint_column_usage.column_name
> must be an identifier --- at least if you also restricted which schema
> the function could be in.

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your point; couldn't you give the index
name (since we've suggested you would have to have a unique index on the
function in order to use it as an FK anyway) as the identifier?

Geoff