Re: Delete rule does not prevent truncate - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoff Winkless
Subject Re: Delete rule does not prevent truncate
Date
List pgsql-general
On 22 July 2015 at 16:32, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
This is actually wrong. The end result is the same but it does not in any way have the same effect.
"in any way"? ​

​I'd say in the primary way it has the same effect: all rows are removed from the table.
And I will submit a patch.

As long as the patch is ", although your attention should be brought to the caveats listed below, since you're obviously
​incapable of​
 realis
​ing​
that there's a page and a half of
​information
 beneath this sentence"?

TRUNCATE is NOT DELETE.

​I don't think anyone is suggesting that it is.​

​Otherwise there wouldn't be much point having it.​

​Geoff​