Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Geoff Winkless
Subject Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24 January 2018 at 13:58, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> But there's a simple solution to that: make it two messages, one when
> inside quotes ("Use Control-C to clear the input buffer, then \q to
> quit") and one outside (current wording).  Wasn't this already proposed
> elsewhere in the thread?

I don't mean to harp on, but I haven't seen a reason why writing "Use
Ctrl-D on an empty line to quit" (with just "Use Ctrl-C to quit" on
Windows) is any worse than this. Certainly writing "Control-C to clear
the input buffer" on Windows is utlimately confusing, given that it
will actually quit immediately.

Geoff