Re: Pgstattuple on Sequences: Seeking Community Feedback on Potential Patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthias van de Meent
Subject Re: Pgstattuple on Sequences: Seeking Community Feedback on Potential Patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 11 Sept 2024 at 21:36, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:

> Barring objections, I'm planning to commit v3 soon.  Robert/Matthias, I'm
> not sure you are convinced this is the right thing to do (or worth doing,
> rather), but I don't sense that you are actually opposed to it, either.
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct: I do think making heapam-related inspection functions have a
consistent behaviour when applied to sequences is beneficial, with no
preference towards specifically supporting or not supporting sequences
in these functions. If people that work on sequences think it's better
to also support inspection of sequences, then I think that's a good
reason to add that support where it doesn't already exist.

As for patch v3, that seems fine with me.

Matthias van de Meent
Neon (https://neon.tech)